If you had questions about dialog, here you go!
- Add dialog only when it’s useful to the story
- Put your dialog in quotes
- Add tags to the end of dialog. DON’T be afraid to use SAID
- When using tags, leave question and exclamation marks in the quotes. Also, change the period to a comma.
EXAMPLE: “How could you do that?” she asked.
“Well, I don’t know how,” Carl responded. Instead of closing Carl’s quote with a period, I replaced it with a comma because a tag was added. No tag then use a period.
- Start a new line when a new person speaks.